New member from Ohio

Ephrum

Hello,

I'm a newbie to the world of photography. My interest in photography began a few years ago, but it really intensified while helping a professor who has a Nikon D90 with several nice lenses. Long story made short, I bought a Nikon D90 with a Nikkor 18-105mm lens as a college graduation present. However, there is a lot to learn about the camera, and a lot to learn about the basics of photography. I'm hoping to learn a few tips from the more experienced members here on the forum. (The topics and threads seem to give a great deal of insight by themselves.)
While I am not trying to become a professional photographer, I do want to learn as much as possible about photography and the camera.

Welcome to the forum

Thank you for filling out your profile so we can better answer any questions that you might have.

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks
Now post some pictures so we can see how you are doing

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72dpi

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

Ephrum

Thank you for the hospitality. I was asked to post some photos, so here's one I took of a rye field that turned out okay. (I enjoy taking landscape photos of the farmland I live in.)

DSC_0049.jpg

Last edited:

Ephrum

Here's another of the same field, but taken from the opposite direction. The contrast in color is due to my experimenting with the shutter speed, and not really sure what I was doing.
DSC_0058.jpg

Nathan Lanni

Yes you are correct.

I think photography presents all types of opportunities, and it up to the photograph to see them, but some locals are better than others.

I was looking at Grandpaw's who is located in the Mississippi Coastal areas and he has some great shots.

Cheers.

Whiskeyman

Thank you for the hospitality. I was asked to post some photos, so here's one I took of a rye field that turned out okay. (I enjoy taking landscape photos of the farmland I live in.)

View attachment 44793

Welcome. This image just cries out to be retaken with your D90 as a 3-shot bracketed set and then merged into an HDR/tonemapped image!
And congratulations on your college graduation.

WM