Hello from Indiana

jesshopes

I've already posted several questions but thought I would take time to introduce myself.

My love affair with photography started 13 years ago when my husband got me a camera for our first anniversary. It was a refurbished Canon from the 70's. It weighed a TON and I loved it. Over the years I spent a fortune on film and developing ;) and took about a million pictures. I practiced constantly and eventually became the "family photographer" taking pictures of relatives children and families. I even had family members who opted out of having a professional photographer at their wedding receptions and had me photograph the receptions.

In-the-mean-time I had children...quite a few of them...and when my 7th was an infant I got my first DSLR. That was 4+ years ago. I bought a D80 because it was "affordable" and I had a cousin who had one so I thought she could help me with the learning curve.

I've worked hard over the last 4 years to become the best photographer I can. I've got 9 kids now and that gives me more than enough opportunity to practice! I've built up a steady business (no longer just family members). As-a-matter-of-fact my business has boomed this Summer and I'm very grateful.

I wish I could speak more intelligently about the technical side of the craft. I've read and studied but unfortunately all of those details don't stick in my brain (I blame the fact that I have 9 kids on my lack of brain power) but although I may not be able to explain how the camera works (at least not always) I know how to make it do what I want it to.

I'm looking to upgrade to a D7100. I have lots of questions and I appreciate an opportunity to ask and have those questions answered.

Thanks
Jessica

donaldjledet

Welcome Jessica,

And you came to the right place.
So hang around even after you get your answers.
this nikon forum is great with a lot of great people on it.

RON_RIP

Welcome :) aboard. Some of us suffer from the same issues and we do not have the excuse of having 9 children. but the members here will help you out any way they can.