Focus from Viewfinder is blurred

unreal

Hi, I just purchased a brand new Nikon D3100 with AF VR 18-55 mm lense. After unpacking and putting the camera together with the lense, i realised after i tried clicking a picture through the viewfinder that, i was not able to focus because it was all blurred. I tried adjusting the little knob near the viewfinder, put it on AF-S mode, still the view from the viewfinder is blurred. But the view in the live mode is crystal clear and pictures clicked in either of the modes are also clear. Can anyone help me else if no other option is left than i will have to get it replaced.

mikew_RIP

You should see a small control next to the view finder for dioptre control you may need to adjust it to your eye sight,let the camera focus on something then looking through the view finder turn the dial untill the image is clear.

mike

donaldjledet

Also while turning the dioptre control, you can look through viewfinder at your numbers and settings at bottom to see when they come in to focus.

Also Welcome to Nikonites.com A great place to be.

slowpoke

Not trying to be a wise guy,but you really got to read that book,which came with the camera.Then set up all your setting in the camera.The book will tell all.:D

Kodiak

RE: #7

I was lecturing at a photo-seminar in GB some years ago, and when I was presented
to the audience, the MC said:

"… and he will reveal all the secrets of the famous RFM approach at problem solving
among other things. Ladies and gentlemen, here our next lecturer…"

The famous RFM approach at problem solving, was something he had never heard of
before. I presented him the RFM more like a joke but he trapped me making some sort
of official announcement and I had to knit it quickly in my presentation.

In short:
The famous RFM approach at problem solving is translated by "Read the F…ing Manual!" =)

Have a good time!