Newbie from Orlando, FL

kimrpaige

Hello All,
Yes, I am a newbie from orlando and a fairly newbie to Digital Photography. I had a Canon AE1 Program years ago, (bought it in 82 or 83) and I played with it for years, then I decided to go digital a couple of years ago and bought a D60 off Craigslist. I now have just upgraded to a brand new D7000. All I can say is Wow!! I am almost 60 years old and a bit overwhelmed! I bought a Dummies book for the D7000, and have read it cover to cover, I am still a bit overwhelmed, but I will get it with help from you all and the internet. I have a 50/1.8 G af lens I just bought and also a 18-200 VR lens as well as a SB600 flash, so I should be all set. (for a while) I hope this forum does not get tired of stupid questions, as I think I may have some later, LOL I want to thank all in advance for this site, I am so excited, can't wait to just go out and shoot and play. Anybody in Orlando that wants to teach a old dog some tricks, just let me know. Kim

LensWork

Kim,

Welcome. There is a great source for learning and equipment needs in Orlando: Colonial Photo & Hobby. In-fact the Nikon tech rep will be at the store on Saturday July 20th teaching a class on the D7000. The class costs only $20 and at the conclusion of the class you will get a gift card from Colonial for $20, so basically the class is free. The class starts at 11 a.m.

Mike

kimrpaige

Mike,
Thanks, I have been in the store a couple of years ago, yes, nice place. I did not know about their classes. I will have to check them out. Thanks so much! Now on Saturday, unfortunately I will be out of town, Boston for my Son's conversion ceremony. So here it is I am in Orlando, and A Nikon rep. is going to be in town to discuss the D7000, that I just happen to have a brand new one and looking for training and of course the only weekend I am out of town. Well that just kinda sucks!!!! Hopefully there will be more. Kim

Whiskeyman

Welcome to nikonites. com, from another Sunshine State shutterbug.

I second Mike's recommendation to visit Colonial Photo. While you may miss the Nikon rep this Saturday, there are many fantastic sources of information behind the counter there. Even though you didn't buy the camera from them, they are likely to help you with any questions that you may have. Try to visit the store to ask your questions at a slow time, though. I almost always find some interesting camera accessory to buy when I visit them, too.

Have a safe trip to and from Boston.

WM