Newbie need for advice

renejas

Hello ladies and gentleman

I'm absolutely newbie here with photography so don't mind my inexperience.I have a cunning plan (to surprise my wife..but mostly myself) :)

I want to buy a d700 kit..one of many kits that are sold on ebay..doesn't matter if its refurb or new..as long as have warranty.
I would like to experiment different scenes..nothing in mind firm.But i would like to be covered- lenses wise from 18-300 mm (my opinion),to be able to shoot long distances and/or macro. Now you tell me what/which and are those lenses in these kits good for me as a beginner and do the job?
Here are the kits considered:

New Nikon D7000 SLR Camera with 5 Lens Kit 18 55mm 55 200 50mm 24GB Full Kit 0018208254682 | eBay

New Nikon D7000 SLR with 5 Lens Kit 18 55mm 70 300mm 50mm 8GB Much More 0018208254682 | eBay

Sears.com

Please advice in case for something different or better.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Check out the Refurbished cameras and lenses at Cameras for Sale | Buy a Digital Camera from Cameta Camera

They all come with a 1 year warranty. I have bought there and they have great service.

I would suggest you get the camera and one or two lenses to start with and the figure out what else you might want later.

crashton

Seems to me buying a kit with 5 lenses for a photography newbe is going to be mind boggling. My advice would to buy a camera & one lens. The D7000 is a fine camera. I'd go with a 35mm F1.8, learn the ropes then move onto other lenses as you gain experience & the need arises.

​Welcome to Nikonites....

WayneF

Good luck, but you need to realize this is a shady bargain, designed to appeal to those that don't know yet.

They claim "new" but there is no mention that it includes the USA warranty. That means Nikon USA will not even touch them should repair ever be necessary (there are other shops that would, but not for warranty).

One says "This camera is a direct import model and is 100% identical to the USA model. It is manufactured in the same factories by the same workers. Direct import models come with a 1 year parts & 90 days labor store warranty."

That means "absolutely No warranty or repair by Nikon USA, period." Unspecified who claims to offer warranty.

Three lenses claim to be Nikon, again, without any mention of any Nikon USA warranty. Nikon USA will not even touch them (should you drop one or something).

You surely want every item to specify "includes Nikon USA warranty".

Last edited:

renejas

That was a good advice right there.Thanks alot. Ill just make sure to ask each seller for nikon usa warranty on every nikon items offered.

Good luck, but you need to realize this is a shady bargain, designed to appeal to those that don't know yet.

They claim "new" but there is no mention that it includes the USA warranty. That means Nikon USA will not even touch them should repair ever be necessary (there are other shops that would, but not for warranty).

One says "This camera is a direct import model and is 100% identical to the USA model. It is manufactured in the same factories by the same workers. Direct import models come with a 1 year parts & 90 days labor store warranty."

That means "absolutely No warranty or repair by Nikon USA, period." Unspecified who claims to offer warranty.

Three lenses claim to be Nikon, again, without any mention of any Nikon USA warranty. Nikon USA will not even touch them (should you drop one or something).

You surely want every item to specify "includes Nikon USA warranty".

donaldjledet

and adorama.com,bhphotovideo.com, nikonusa.com has used and refurbed camera and lenses.
These Three have good reputations. With warranties.

Roy1961

Contributor
if you can get a D7000 with a 18-105 kit lens you will have enough to get started and try to understand photography, good luck and welcome to the forum

jwstl

and adorama.com,bhphotovideo.com, nikonusa.com has used and refurbed camera and lenses.
These Three have good reputations. With warranties.

Add Cameta to that list. I've purchased a couple of Nikon USA refurbs from them and I was pleased both times. They, too, offer a warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Add Cameta to that list. I've purchased a couple of Nikon USA refurbs from them and I was pleased both times. They, too, offer a warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got my D5100 as a refurb from them and have been very happy with it. They are also to only one I have seen that offers a 1 year warranty with their refurbished cameras. I have a 18-105 on the way from them now.

renejas

ive tried to look around...
what about 16-85 vr and 50 prime for clear shoots? or im just repeating? what about some zoom?which one recommend?
all iwant is one wide,one zoom and one prime...50mm good i saw.
​and to be budget friendly

Deezey

Get the D7000 and the 18-105 and don;t buy anything else for a while till you can decide on your own what else you need. For budget go to

Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera Body - Factory Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty $689

Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens - Factory Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty $209.95

Good advice here. The 18-105 will allow you to play with different focal lengths. This way you can test out shooting say 35mm and 50mm to see which one you would use more.

This makes future lens purchases easier. Its a free way to try before you buy.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Good advice here. The 18-105 will allow you to play with different focal lengths. This way you can test out shooting say 35mm and 50mm to see which one you would use more.

This makes future lens purchases easier. Its a free way to try before you buy.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

That and it is a great walk around lens. Good for a lot of your general shooting. I don't think I will ever put my 18-55 back on the camera. I guess I should sell it.