Nikon D7000 VS D7100?

rocky89

My focus right now is buying a SB-700 speedlight, and the new Nikkor 80-400mm lens, and while I currently own the D7000, I have been thinking of eventually getting the D7100. I've read the review for both cameras by Ken Rockwell, and they're both stellar cameras, both have their elements that make one better than the other, one being that the D7000 has a LCD cover, while the D7100 doesn't. And the D7100 has 24MP, while the D7000 has 16MP.

I'm here asking y'all what you think. Ken said they're both 95% the same camera, but I'd like to hear your opinions. Thank you.

My focus right now is buying a SB-700 speedlight, and the new Nikkor 80-400mm lens, and while I currently own the D7000, I have been thinking of eventually getting the D7100. I've read the review for both cameras by Ken Rockwell, and they're both stellar cameras, both have their elements that make one better than the other, one being that the D7000 has a LCD cover, while the D7100 doesn't. And the D7100 has 24MP, while the D7000 has 16MP.

I'm here asking y'all what you think. Ken said they're both 95% the same camera, but I'd like to hear your opinions. Thank you.

First off your would probably be better off not listening to Ken Rockwell

Nikon D7100 vs D7000: 13 things you need to know | N-Photo

pedroj

Megapixels hey....I printed 20x30 inch prints with D50 files 6.something size...My son in law had a D70 file printed 5 feet long...

Somersetscott

Well Looking at reviews like this only feed my thoughts on not upgrading. But then I do not make any cash via my camera yet nor am I pushing the into limitations of my D7000.

So for me I won't be upgrading to this camera for quite some time - if at all, atleast until the price drops or D7100's are readily available second hand.

Looks like they've done a good job, I can't justify the extra cash myself. :)

Ironwood

I just upgraded from the D3100 to a D7100, I found it a huge leap. I am glad I upgraded.
But I think if I already had the D7000, I would wait for the next model, as I understand the D7000 is not that far behind the D7100.
But if I had that suitcase full of money sitting under my bed waiting to be spent maybe...........hang on, what about a D800........:p

pedroj

I just upgraded from the D3100 to a D7100, I found it a huge leap. I am glad I upgraded.
But I think if I already had the D7000, I would wait for the next model, as I understand the D7000 is not that far behind the D7100.
But if I had that suitcase full of money sitting under my bed waiting to be spent maybe...........hang on, what about a D800........:p

Suitcase full of dollars...mmmmm D4 and a few big primes

rocky89

Question is, what do you hope to gain by getting a D7100?

I am still debating on getting a D7100. The reviews I've read show it has some new features regarding video, and since I rarely, if ever use it to record, I'm not that excited about those features But I am with the photo quality.

Ironwood

At the end of the day it is your decision, only you can decide.
I am not sure how much improvement there is in IQ between the 2 cameras, but I am sure there must be some improvement.
If the benefits for you, of the improved IQ outweighs the cost to upgrade, then its a no-brainer.
On the other hand, that money could buy a nice lens....