Newbie to the forum and Photography

Bill16

Howdy everyone! :)

I'm a full Newbie for sure, new to this Forum and new to Photography! lol :) I got a new D3100 Nikon and I'm loving it so far. I fell in love with macro pics when I first started using a blackberry and often had a few downloaded onto my berry. So after few years I finally decided to try to get what I needed to take my own. lol
So I thought I'd join up, to learn, and then share some pics (when I can take any worth sharing). lol

If I get good enough at it I might even post them as wallpapers on my Smart Phone Forum! lol :)

​Anyway I hope to have a blast here with you all! :)

Bill16

Awesome, after doing just a tiny bit of reading I'm already learning new and interesting things I've been wanting to know! lol :)

vindex1963

You for sure came to the right place very good people here willing to help the "new guy". Take a LOT of shots and ask a LOT of questions and have fun!!!

Bill16

Hi and welcome to you too! lol Ya I'm really injoying my D3100, and I'm hoping with the new lenses I've ordered that I'll be able to start learning to take some macro pictures! :)

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Bill. Hope you enjoy your new D3100. Nice camera. :) Now remember....it comes with a manual, so.....read it! :) lol Lots of info in there......but if ya got a question about something the manual doesn't cover, well by all means, ask away! :) And take it out of Manual Mode! LOL :) Use Aperture Mode for awhile, see how ya like it. :)

Bill16

Welcome to Nikonites, Bill. Hope you enjoy your new D3100. Nice camera. :) Now remember....it comes with a manual, so.....read it! :) lol Lots of info in there......but if ya got a question about something the manual doesn't cover, well by all means, ask away! :) And take it out of Manual Mode! LOL :) Use Aperture Mode for awhile, see how ya like it. :)
lol Thanks for the welcome! I'll have to read the manual to keep up with the jokes too! lol ;)

Bill16

I'm going to visit near Waynesville next week. Can't wait!!
I don't know much about NC to tell the truth. lol I lived in Oregon most of my life, and just moved here about three years ago to marry my wife. :) But my wife knows that area and loved it when she lived there. :)

ladytonya

Okay, let's try this again! LOL! I got my D3100 last Friday, already taken close to 500 pictures and that was just Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Haven't been able to have it out since getting home Sunday night because of work and other obligations. I want to go play!

Even though you've been here for 3 years, you're still a newb to NC so welcome to the Old North State! I've lived in Asheville my entire live, from the mountains to the sea this is a beautiful state with lots to photograph. Have fun!