Happy guy

wud

Looking through pictures from today (did some of a small family), this one made me smile :)

birgitte_6658_web.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
That's awesome!! I love the composition. Excellent use of a tilted frame, too, but I'm not sure if I'm in love with the muted color scheme but that's just personal choice since I'm a big velvia kinda guy.

wud

That's awesome!! I love the composition. Excellent use of a tilted frame, too, but I'm not sure if I'm in love with the muted color scheme but that's just personal choice since I'm a big velvia kinda guy.

Thank you! I gotta ask, what does velvia mean?

You are getting as good with people as you are with dogs.

I hope so - but I still find it a little nerve racking dealing with grown ups (kids are way easier).

Dave_W

The Dude
Velvia is a brand name of a slide film stock that made a big splash in the ranks of photographers back in the 80's (or 90's, can't remember). it was a extremely rich and saturated stock that gave deep and heavy colors unlike anything people had seen before. Although it's a bit dated, I tend to gravitate towards richly colored and saturated images over the more modern desaturated images that are very common these days.

Deezey

And one with dad

birgitte_6680_web.jpg

I love the emotion in this one.

Only thing that bugs me it the shirt is is so black it actually seems like a void in the picture for me. It fools my eye into just think the fathers head is appearing from nowhere.

But other than that I love the expression of the father and son.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

wud

Velvia is a brand name of a slide film stock that made a big splash in the ranks of photographers back in the 80's (or 90's, can't remember). it was a extremely rich and saturated stock that gave deep and heavy colors unlike anything people had seen before. Although it's a bit dated, I tend to gravitate towards richly colored and saturated images over the more modern desaturated images that are very common these days.

Ahh okay, thanks. Colors are very nice, I agree - got several shots from this spot, will see if colors works good :)

I love the emotion in this one.

Only thing that bugs me it the shirt is is so black it actually seems like a void in the picture for me. It fools my eye into just think the fathers head is appearing from nowhere.

But other than that I love the expression of the father and son.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

I see what you mean, maybe I can try to fix it.