Complete novice from Colorado

dauss

Hi, I'm Dave. I just bought a D3200 and it's supposed to be delivered on Tuesday, so I don't even have the camera yet! All I've ever had were point and shoots and I have no idea how to use a dSLR. Thinking about taking a class at the local camera store. Also, I've been looking at the Digitutor.

crycocyon

Welcome and congrats on the new Nikon. Now that you'll be entering the world of DSLR photography, it is a good idea to think about what kind of subject matter you'd like to focus on.

fotojack

And don't forget to crack open the owners manual it comes with. You'd be surprised how many people don't even look inside it to see how their new cameras work! Always amazes me! Digitutor is another good resource to rely on. There are DVD's out there, too, to help you along with your new camera. YouTube has a ton of info for you, too. Of course, if you get stuck, or are just not clear on something we'd be more than happy to help you.
Congrats on the new D3200, and welcome to Nikonites. :)

Photo Joe

Welcome to the group. Joining Nikonites was a great move. There's plenty of knowledgeable resources here. Hope you enjoy your 3200.