Total Reset & Number of Shutter Operations

Nathan Lanni

Total Reset & Number of Shutter Operations - RESOLVED

Experimenting with menu options, I'm now getting an image of the AF Bracket and active AF Points on my photo image. I've tried doing the two button green dot reset and the Custom menu reset but it's still there. I'm assuming there is a total system reset to return the camera to factory defaults. Also, I've read in a few places people mentioned the total shutter operations on their camera. How do I access this info? Thanks and hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far.

Last edited:

Nathan Lanni

Update

It turns out contrary to what I thought earlier, the image itself was not affected.

I found the issue and it was a setting in the PLAYBACK MENU, Playback Display Options.

Problem fixed.

Thanks

STM

I did the shutter count thing on my D700 and was shocked to see it has 11,474 actuations on it. I was guessing somewhere around a quarter to a third of that.

Nathan Lanni

I attempted to upload three different images and got an error message each time. The 1st file was pretty big, and then I went progressively smaller.

I sent a sample image to their trouble desk and they responded right away, saying they are working on it.

Let you know what happens.

STM

I attempted to upload three different images and got an error message each time. The 1st file was pretty big, and then I went progressively smaller.

I sent a sample image to their trouble desk and they responded right away, saying they are working on it.

Let you know what happens.

Were they .jpg? I tried to upload a .nef and it brain cramped but it took .jpg, even a 20 MP, file just fine.

Nathan Lanni

Were they .jpg? I tried to upload a .nef and it brain cramped but it took .jpg, even a 20 MP, file just fine.

:) I got the brain cramp treatment, too, but my files were all .jpg's.

They indicate their setup was compatible with the d7100. So well see what happens.

I can totally relate to the 11,474 actuations. You can run quite a few images with the camera set on CL or CH. I likely don't have that many because I picked it up only a week ago, but I photographed my son's university graduation and festivities. Being retired, I play with it quite a bit so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't have 1,000 - 1,500 already.

Cheers.

Last edited:

STM

:) I got the brain cramp treatment, too, but my files were all .jpg's.

They indicate their setup was compatible with the d7100. So well see what happens.

I can totally relate to the 11,474 actuations. You can run quite a few images with the camera set on CL or CH. I likely don't have that many because I picked up the camera a week ago, but I shot my son's graduation and festivities. Being retired, I play with it quite a bit so I wouldn't be surprised if I don't have 1,000 - 1,500.

Cheers.

Mine very rarely, if ever, goes off S. I can't ever recall using it on CH or CL honestly. But I have done a lot of work with models as well as a fair amount of portraiture work so I guess you just lose track of how many images you have taken. I have had the camera since 2009 so I guess they add up.