New D3100 shooter --- first DSLR

TheStigSC

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hey everyone! My name is Seth and I am a new member here and am new to photography. I have some basic experience shooting, from using (to the best of my abilities) a Nikon Coolpix before, but I have finally made the leap to a DSLR!

Yesterday I purchased a Nikon D3100 used that came with the 18-55mm standard lens, an extra battery, the charger, and a bag. Other than a strap, its about all I need to get started. The camera is in near-perfect (if not perfect) condition and I am super excited. I mainly do automotive photography and video but all types of photography interests me and I am looking to finally get into more landscape and nature photography as well.

I am also a new Photoshop user looking to expand my knowledge with that to edit my photos. I shoot all of my stuff in RAW+FINE so I can edit if I choose and have been help by a couple friends to get off the Auto setting and into exploring the camera. I am here to learn from all you experienced people, and I can't wait to get started.
[/FONT]