Yongnuo syncing issue

akshayeakki

I have Nikon D5100, I bought a set of Yongnuo RF 603N. no problem with tranceivers.. they are brand new and working well, checked remote shutter release of camera. My flash is Yongnuo YN460 II and that too is working properly, problem is I'm not able to trigger flash via these radio tranceivers after connecting them properly with both camera and flash.. It was working 3-4 days back when I tested after just receiving the set. What could be the problem here? I tried googling it but couldn't find a proper solution. :(

Edit:

ok I checked the channels.. both were same, then I tried swapping them (pulled out the one I attached below flash and attached to camera hot shoe and vice versa) and it worked. Wouldn't I be able to use it both ways cause it is mentioned everywhere that these triggers can work both as a trigger and receiver.

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Not familiar with that set but you are correct, as a "transceiver", they should work in both directions. Check your manual, see if their is a switch setting somewhere that "sets" each as either mode... That is a possibility but just a guess on my part.

Pat in NH

fotojack

Shouldn't each flash be on separate channels.....like Channel A and Channel B? Or am I thinking of something else? I'm tired and it's late, but....thought I'd give it a shot. :)

Geoffc

I bought some of these earlier in the year. They worked great for about 30 test shots then just stopped. I now have pocket wizards.

JohnB

I have these and sometimes they are finicky but work fine. First, make sure you can fire the flash on the camera, without the trigger on it; then.......

Turn both of the triggers off, install one on the camera and the other one to your flash and turn them both on. Both lights should be green on each trigger. On my body I sometimes have to press the shutter release half way to "wake them up".

Also, check the batteries.