D50 Upgrade

06Honda

​The D7000 is one I am considering for an upgrade to my D50. Its listed at my local camera shop for $779.99 for the body. Me thinks that this may be the time to get one due to the fathers day sale and once thats over it will likely go up. The other camera on my list was the D90 currently for $599.99 Going from a D50 to either of these would be a good upgrade but is the extra $190 worth it for the D7000. My main lense for shooting is the 80-400VR (older version) and the Nikkor 50mm AF f/1.8D Opinions and suggestions from anyone are most welcome. Thanks for any input and hands on on either camera. My main goal is to have larger images for prints; less digital noise although there will always be some with any camera and lense combo. Happys upcoming Fathers Day and with 3 kids and 4 grandkids this maybe the time to upgrade :)

Paul

Roy1961

Contributor
paul for me i would go for the d7000 of your two choices, better off getting the latest model of the two.

06Honda

​Thanks for the great feedback. I should have added that other than the occassional manual exposure adjustment I mostly shoot in P mode and let the camera do the work. For most images this seems to do just fine, so I am not sure if this will impact which model to get. Thanks again.