Another newbie, sort of...

papa2jaja

I got my first camera around the age of 12, my first SLR at around 16, and I was very much into photography until the age of around 33, when my at that time wonderful Contax got stolen, and its replacement despite several repair attempts never produced the same image quality (colours never looked as vivid as on the first one I had). After a while, this and general changes in life made me use the camera less and less, in the end hardly at all. A few years later I got a digital compact, and over the years purchased a couple of them, from different brands. The last one was a Lumix. Somehow I felt that as a young man, I had been taking quite nice pictures, but had somehow lost that mojo. But then when friends started talking about photography to me, I looked through the images I had taken with the compacts, and felt that there were a couple of nice ones too. After some hoo and haa I bought a D600 - only to get a pretty bad case of sensor dirt. After spending too much time (on cleaning) and and money (for the swabs), I decided to get a D800. Despite the problems, the D600 helped me find the fun again, and although I have dearly little time for photography, from time to time, when I get a chance, I take the camera and try to find something nice to photograph. Some of my pictures can be seen on Flickr, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

papa2jaja

Thanks for the welcome to everyone. I hope to be able to contribute something from time to time, but most of the time I will be trying to learn...