Howdy Y'all!

chip594

Hello everyone, I'm from South East Louisiana and I'm new to nikonites. I've had a D5000 kit w/ 52mm 18-55 & 52mm 55-200 lenses, that I bought in 2009 right before our honeymoon. It was my first camera and I really didn't know anything about them, it was the camera that was suggested by a local camera shop. I've shot quite a few pictures on it and have really enjoyed it, and now I'm looking to "fine tune" my photography skills. I'm still very green when it comes to ISO, Aperture, Shutter, and etc settings but I'm a sponge for information and looking to learn more.

I was doing some research and stumbled upon this site, so hopefully I can pick up some good information to help me along my journey. It seems that from reading a few posts on this forum, that the D5000 is more of the lower end of the scale. My budget doesn't allow me to upgrade to a new body, so I need to make the most out of what I have to work with. I may be able to squeeze out an upgrade lens or 2.

I look forward to learning and reading more posts, & I'm always open to advice.

Chip

RockyNH_RIP

Chip, Welcome to Nikonites... Pull up a chair and visit a while...

Also, do not let the fact that the 5000 is older etc.. It will still do a masterful job and when you improve, you can always upgrade then if you desire... That camera will surprise you!!! :)

Pat in NH

GeoWes

Welcome, Chip. Don't worry about the age of your gear. My XG-1 and CP7m still work great. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

donaldjledet

welcome to nikonites, and also second all that don't worry about the camera being old. it still works great and takes find pictures.
just don't upgrade cause you think you have too. If taking pictures of family and friends you will be just fine. upgrade on lenses
will also do you good.

Deezey

Welcome to the club!

And don't worry about the camera. 9 times out of 10 the camera beats the photographer.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2