LIVE ajax update enabled

Are you talking about the link above and below the thread that says

"
Thread automatically updated every 5 second(s). - Reload

That is for when you are looking at a thread and someone responds while you are looking at it you will see the update. At least taht is what it is supposed to do.

nikonpup

i am not seeing anything about updates. ?? Settings - Nikonites - Internet Explorer, enhanced for Bing and MSN 632013 81407 PM.jpg

ABN Panzer

Is there a way to lose/not see the LIVE icon/text next to every post?
I imagine I'll eventually get used to it but it is distracting.
Its easier to assume EVERY post on the forum is LIVE because they all are... including posts that have not been responded to in over 2 years.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Have to admit, the LIVE icon on all the threads is a bit annoying.

I agree. I turned this off.

But yes, as Don said, if you have a thread loaded and someone replies, you will see that reply appear. I was hoping that this would be useful in cases where two replies are made at the same time, and they are not seen until the page is reloaded later.

mikew_RIP

I agree. I turned this off.

But yes, as Don said, if you have a thread loaded and someone replies, you will see that reply appear. I was hoping that this would be useful in cases where two replies are made at the same time, and they are not seen until the page is reloaded later.

Sounds like we have on my forum,good idea it will let you ammend your post if needed.

mike