Hello from Mark in CT.

MarkNX1V

Hello people, I just joined the forum and this is my first post. I just got home from buying my new D5100! My battery is in the charger and I'm chomping at the bit. Can't wait to fire that puppy up! Just a little history about me, I'm 64 y.o. and have been into photography since I was a kid. I have had many SLR's over the years and most have been Nikons. Mostly film cameras of course but my first DSLR was several years ago when I bought a new Nikon D70s and loved it. Today's purchase of this D5100 has me really excited to start shooting. I will go explore the forum now while I wait for the battery to charge. I'm very glad to join your forum and look forward to participating here with everyone. Thank you, Mark

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Mark. Nice choice on the D5100. I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy it. Any questions...just ask. :)

By the way, if you could fill out the rest of your profile, that would be great. It really helps us help you. :)

MarkNX1V

Hi, thanks. I do have a question. I am trying to upload a profile picture from my computer. I edited it in photoshop and made it 100 pixels tall and it is 27kb in size but it keeps saying "upload failed". Any ideas on why? it's a jpeg format. I'll be working on adding info in my profile in the mean time.

MarkNX1V

Mark, Welcome to Nikonites! I shoot a 5100 and I think you will be very pleased.

Pat in NH

Thanks Pat. I'm sure I will once I find my way around the menu. Pretty hard to find stuff right now. I wonder where you are in N.H. My brother lives in Hill, NH

MarkNX1V

Hi and thanks for the welcome Wiley, I've been looking around here for a couple of hours now and I tend to agree. I'm pretty impressed, so much information! I know I'm gonna like it here. Between playing with my new camera and soaking up as much knowledge as I can here on the forum I'm not going to get much else done. :)

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi, thanks. I do have a question. I am trying to upload a profile picture from my computer. I edited it in photoshop and made it 100 pixels tall and it is 27kb in size but it keeps saying "upload failed". Any ideas on why? it's a jpeg format. I'll be working on adding info in my profile in the mean time.

Welcome!

Try adding your photo to the gallery, than click on edit image. You can than click on Set Image as Avatar. That's what I did.

MarkNX1V

Thanks for the welcome Marilynne, and for the advice on setting my profile picture but I got it to work before trying your method. I do appreciate your advice though and for taking the time to try to help me out. I look forward to participating with and learning from everyone one the forum. Thanks

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks for the welcome Marilynne, and for the advice on setting my profile picture but I got it to work before trying your method. I do appreciate your advice though and for taking the time to try to help me out. I look forward to participating with and learning from everyone one the forum. Thanks

Glad you got it working. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.