A Cool Technique I Learned For Useable Vignettes

BackdoorArts

I normally don't check the blog side of the house more than once a week, if that - not sure why, but I figure I can't be the only one. Anyway, I learned a cool way of adding vignettes to photos that I shared over there, so for people like me who never check I thought I'd add a pointer to it. It's very flexible, useable, and far enough from traditional vignettes that most people wouldn't even know that I used it. It can be so subtle that more times than not it's not really a vignette as much as it is a subject isolator.

Anyway, I learned it in a issue of Photoshop User, so if you read that it may be familiar to you. If not, check it out.

http://nikonites.com/blogs/backdoor...vignettes-your-photos-photoshop-elements.html

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
When searching online for info on vignettes within the past couple of months, I came across a similar explanation; however, yours is much easier to understand! :) And like you mentioned, this method doesn't have to be used in the center of the image like traditional vignettes. Thanks for sharing! I've saved the link and will be referring to it in the future! :D