Tip for D600 shooters

grandpaw

With the Nikon D600, when shooting in live view you cannot adjust the aperture setting without getting out of live view for each adjustment. My tip is that you can change the brightness or darkness to a picture in live mode by pressing the EV button and rotating the rear command dial. This will work in live view whether you are recording or not. It will also work for still photography. The only drawback is that you will hear the clicks in your video as the command dial turns if you are recording.

GeoWes

​What setting are you shooting on with the D600? I checked mine out and I can adjust f-stops in every mode except auto while in live view.

grandpaw

​What setting are you shooting on with the D600? I checked mine out and I can adjust f-stops in every mode except auto while in live view.

You can change the numbers of the F stop but you are not actually changing the amount of light on the picture. While you are changing the F stop if you look at the rear live LCD screen you will not see any changes in lighting. You have to get out of live view to actually make a change that will effect the picture, except if you do what my tip suggests.