Just joined the Nikon bandwagon

philiptcourt

Hi, my name is Philip and I'm from Cheshire in England.

Just bought a new D5100 (after much deliberation between that and the Canon 600D). Hopefully I have made the right decision. :p

I've joined as I want to get some tips n tricks, hope you guys can help me out.

​Best wishes

AC016

Canon, Nikon.... It only matters that you are happy with your purchase and that the camera meets your needs.

RockyNH_RIP

Philip, Welcome to Nikonites!!! Pull up a chair and stay awhile.. I, along with quite a few others have the D5100 also.

Pat in NH

philiptcourt

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Only had the camera a few days and must say I am mightily impressed. The last DSLR I used was about 6 years ago with fathers old Canon 450D which he used to holidays and general get togethers. Its streets ahead of that for picture quality, ease of use, speed and feel in the hand. Took a few pictures of the cat sleeping without flash and must say its low light performance is stunning.

Its funny really, as my father was pro photography for years (he gave it up a few years back de to health), yet I never shown an intrest in it. Probably due to the fact he was a pro and always snapping away on holidays, weekends etc.... might have put me off. Speaking to work colleague and he said same with his dad being a wedding photography. Suppose its different when you're the one behind the camera bossing people about and making them smile.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome. I probably spend most of my time in the D5100 threads, hopefully see some of you in there.

Philip