Haven't introduced myself after joining

alflgt

Hi, I'm Allen. I reside outside of Toronto, in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada.

I can't remember exactly when I joined. I started out with a Nikon P&S (5700) and quickly realized it felt very unnatural to zoom using a button, so I traded that for a D70S. I used that camera until late last year when I decided to upgrade to the D600.

Right now, I'm trying to remain optimistic about the common issue with the D600. I'm considering investing in a sensor cleaner, perhaps the one that vacuums, maybe? Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

nickt

I haven't heard of anyone using a small vacuum type cleaner. I'd be curious how that works out and if there was any known to be safe for cameras. In my mind, I'm picturing additional and possibly dusty room air drawn into the area as the vacuum sucks air out. So with that in mind, maybe a static brush is better.

On my D7000, like many, I use one of those Giottos Rocket blowers followed by a sensor cleaning brush which is supposed to be attractive to dust via static. Between the blower and brush, it works well. There will always be something that sticks. Once or twice a year I do a wet cleaning. I use eclipse fluid and fashion my own swabs with a half of a 4x4 Pec pad taped to a plastic knife cut square on the end.