D7000 surprise

MelodyTregear

So my husband comes home on Friday with his new camera... the Nikon D7000. I was so happy for him and wanted to see it. As I went to pick up the bag, my husband informs me that the camera is actually for me. I was totally floored! By Saturday it started to sink in and I started to explore. Took more pics today and must say, it is a beautiful camera! She takes lovely photos. I am SO blessed! Thank You Lord! And thank you to my precious husband who seems to get great pleasure in spoiling me. I am blessed indeed!!! Now all I need is the pilot license to figure out all the ins and outs of this beauty. ;)

RockyNH_RIP

So my husband comes home on Friday with his new camera... the Nikon D7000. I was so happy for him and wanted to see it. As I went to pick up the bag, my husband informs me that the camera is actually for me. I was totally floored! By Saturday it started to sink in and I started to explore. Took more pics today and must say, it is a beautiful camera! She takes lovely photos. I am SO blessed! Thank You Lord! And thank you to my precious husband who seems to get great pleasure in spoiling me. I am blessed indeed!!! Now all I need is the pilot license to figure out all the ins and outs of this beauty. ;)

Congrats on the new camera and fantastic surprise!!

Pat in NH

Lee

You shouldn't broadcast that .... now all the girls are going to want to borrow your husband :D

Only kidding

​Congrats! I got mine 2 months ago and absolutely love it! I'm sure you will too! Looking forward to seeing some of your pics :)

MelodyTregear

You shouldn't broadcast that .... now all the girls are going to want to borrow your husband :D

Only kidding

​Congrats! I got mine 2 months ago and absolutely love it! I'm sure you will too! Looking forward to seeing some of your pics :)

LOL. Fortunately my husband is a 'one woman man'. :D

87mstng

Congrats on the new camera. YouTube is your friend. Photographersonutube has a lot of great tutorials to learn from.

Enjoy your D7000.

Whiskeyman

Only kidding

A husband or a D7000? :D

riverside

Congratulations on owning a very nice camera!

I've had mine two weeks. Regarding the learning curve, I purchased one of the books recommended by this forum for the D7000 and a D7000 field guide. In retrospect, if you're experienced with any level of DSLR, I'd recommend just a field guide for future obscure reference purposes and the internet for learning. Every possible D7000 question is answered on the net and it's much easier to watch/listen to a 5 minute full-screen tutorial on specifics while holding the camera and actually going through the motions rather than attempting to hold a book open, read and handle the camera.

​Have fun!

crycocyon

When I got my wife the D7000, it wasn't because I wanted to spoil her (although somehow that always seems to happen), but because she kept wanting to use my D700 at the time, hehe. :rolleyes: Turns out I ended up using it more than she did because it is such a great camera (and I just take a lot more pictures than she does).

Congrats! :D

MelodyTregear

Thank you everyone.
[I am going to show this to my wife! LOL ] Go for it! And all the best, lol.
@ Crashton - Yes, I am blessed indeed to have a guy like Michael in my life. We heading for 25 years of marriage :)
And to everyone else, thank you again. The tips and advice are appreciated. :D

Last edited:

MelodyTregear

I saw that the D7000 has a Pet Photography feature under Scenes. I decided to test it out at some friends place last night and was pleasantly surprised at the results!
m_DSC_0045.jpgm_DSC_0052.jpg