Corporate just got interesting!

Fork

So, now and again I'm tasked with photographing new starters in our office. They're a fairly standard affair, nothing particularly exciting - just well lit, basic portraits like this:

Natasha Baden.jpg

It just so happened that this time, the girl in the shot above was my test subject while I fiddled with and adjusted my lights. She was playing around with her sunglasses on while I snapped away and made my adjustments.

I ignored the test shots at first, planning to dump them without looking, but when I flicked through them, I came across one that had something that just looked right to me.

So, after a bit of processing to get rid of most of the imperfections (it was an unplanned shot, so needed some colour correction and cloning of some dodgy reflections) this is what came out of it:

Tasha by Forkie, on Flickr

I reckon that's a lot of reward for a very easy job!

carguy

I really like the shot. The only thing I might change is the blazer. Those stripes don't usually respond well to electronic images.

Lakeside Annie

That's kinda how my avatar shot came to be.
I was volunteering at "Help Portrait" last December. I was a go-for for the pro photographer at one of the stations. He brought with him a black back drop. As most of our clients had dark hair, we needed to make adjustments with the lighting. I offered it sit on the stool while he fiddled. No (extra) makeup; no hair; no special Portrait primping. Just me as I am everyday. We both really liked how the shot came out. He was happy to email it to me. ;)

Somersetscott

Awesome photos! - I was recently contacted via our HR department for taking new starters photos in the company, I turned it down as I know what will happen. I'll forget my camera on the day of the shoot OR there'll be a manager breathing down my neck for taking too long. A Shame the work culture is like that in my office - i'd quite like doing it, nice ice breaker with the newbies too! :) I bet you enjoyed meeting this one! ;)

Yes, The blazer jumped out at me too - a wedding photographer telling me the other day about Grey suites with a textured/tight striped look is his pet hate.

Last edited: