Mobile

wud

There is an open spot on when you log on with a phone (where you got link for forum, new threads, friends etc), is it possible it could be a link to "todays posts"?

Im really missing that.

Somersetscott

Hi Wud,

Tapatalk is a brilliant free app for forums! (android or apple/iphone/Ipad etc) - Nikonites is on there too!

You can view new posts from all folders, view through folders (like pressing 'forum' on desktop) or view all of the posts you have participated in, also alerts when someone replies to a post you've posted on. Can view all photos fullscreen with very good resolution(best your mobile will allow, works brilliantly on my HTC One X). Also works in Portrait or landscape on the mobile.

Just download, search for nikonites and you only need to enter your credentials/forum logon once.

heres a screen dump of it from of my mobile phone :)

Tapatalk.jpg

carguy

I also use Tapatalk. Great app if you frequent VB forums online. I like the 'Participated' link as well, this shows threads you have posted in previously.

MrF

SomersetScott, since you appear to be an Android user, what version of Tapatalk did you download? There seem to be several in the market.

Bill4282

The tapatalk iOS version has flaws. It doesn't have all the functionality of the PC version, duplicate posts when posting, not showing all posts. Yesterday, I got a notification on email. Not posted via tapatalk but could see it when using safari to the website.

WhiteLight

Tapatalk is just brilliant.. Am on Android (i paid for it, don't think there's a free version for Android)
Anyways there are times i wish there was Tapatalk for the comp :)

I think there is Tapatalk for Noka N8.. but it is so flawed that you would rather not use it et all

wud

What OS? Tapatalk is available for Android and IOS. If you have a Windows mobile device, you have my sympathy :D

Tapatalk

Its Symbian, guess I still got your sympathy ;-)

​Didn't find the Tapatalk in the market, maybe someone will make it someday.

Last edited:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Its Symbian, guess I still got your sympathy ;-)

​Didn't find the Tapatalk in the market, maybe someone will make it someday.

Eh, I doubt they're going to make anything for Symbian since it isn't being developed anymore. Nokia is exclusively using Windows now.

wud

Eh, I doubt they're going to make anything for Symbian since it isn't being developed anymore. Nokia is exclusively using Windows now.

Oh :p Dont know what I got, it asked me to update something important through computer for a long time, but well, I didn't.

FYI, there is a mobile style for the site, but it doesn't quite work correctly, and isn't enabled at the moment. It looks like what is used on Cell Phone & Carrier News - Cell Phone Forums

Thats somewhat what I see when looking at my phone and it works fine - my question was just if there could be a shortcut for daily threads. Or maybe subscribed threads.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Oh :p Dont know what I got, it asked me to update something important through computer for a long time, but well, I didn't.

Thats somewhat what I see when looking at my phone and it works fine - my question was just if there could be a shortcut for daily threads. Or maybe subscribed threads.

As long as you're logged in there should be a menu button in the upper right that looks like this:
gridmenu.png

Click that and then on "What's New".