new or used D7000

RickSawThat

Here are my options:

Used D7000 with 18-105mm - $850.00 (25,000 actuations)
New D7000 with 18-105mm - $1138 with taxes (comes with xtra battery and sandisk extreme 16gb card)

Used or new which should I do (every penny counts)

Last edited:
Have you looked at the Refurbished market? I would go with that before I would go with a used camera. You at least get a warranty. Used cameras bather me for some reason. You just aren't sure what you are getting. I am sure there are some great deals out there BUT...

crashton

I think you can do better than $850 for a used one. The more D7100s sold the more used D7000s will hit the market. I bought my D7000 with 7,200 odd clicks for $500.

Check Cameta, Adorama & B&H for refurbs. KEH for used if you need a warranty.

crycocyon

If I buy used I look long and hard for the lowest actuations possible. Anything over, say, 5k I try to avoid just by principle. 25k is a heavily used camera. For the extra piece of mind and extra $150 you get a new camera. I'd say that is a very reasonable cost for that extra piece of mind and the pride of having a new camera and lens.

crashton

I'm proud of my sweet deal used D7000.:D The difference for me was far more than $150. If it was only that much I'd be rocking a new camera instead of my sweet used one.

Bukitimah

The going for a used d7000 body is around USD550 to 600 here. But there are some going for USD 700 or more. I guess it depends on condition of the camera.

​At that cost compared to new, I think used is ok if you know how to check. Most sellers are upgrading and not because there is a problem with their camera. Good luck

riverside

Yeah I think new is the better way to go.

​Thanks nikonites

Late but I just went through the very same decision process on a D7000. Spent hours looking at prices of new, refurbished and used. More hours on forum opinions of new, refurbished and used. The difference of $150 and warranty period convinced me new was the way to go. No warranty on used backed me away from that as some of the early D7000s did have a few issues.