PSA... Nikon Hood HBN 104 is a joke

crashton

Just a heads up folks. I bought a 18.5mm lens from B&H along with the Nikon hood. Great lens, but the hood is an absolute joke & it's $21.99. Well truth be told it's not even worth $1.00. Save your money folks. I found the hood from my 10-30 fits & works perfectly.

I've returned the hood to B&H for a refund. B&H are great folks to deal with.

BackdoorArts

Nikon lens hoods show just how overpriced a piece of molded plastic can be. Some are interchangeable (to an extent), others not. If you crack it then repair it and look like a pro and don't waste your money replacing it.

Horoscope Fish

I just looked at the B&H website and yeah; their prices for lens hoods are freaking insane! Of course they're betting you'll just toss one in your cart when you buy the lens and you'll just suck it up. Screw that...

Amazon for the win. Has "Prime", loves "Prime".

crashton

Yes I'm sure it was a genuine Nikon hood Joe. The little bag it was in had the yellow Nikon label on it & part number. Maybe someone at UPS slipped me a counterfeit one. I don't mind paying for a hood that works, but this one was really a sorry joke. Wish I'd have snapped a few pictures of it to share.

Phillydog1958

I have one with my 30-110. I think I shall guard it with my life. I didn't know something so small and simple could be so expensive . . . Highway robbery.