Old photographer/new gear

minort

Hello, my name is Minor and live in Houston, TX. I am a land broker so I spend most of my time on farms and ranches through out Texas.
I was very involved with photography back in the '70's (what I can remember of it) with my Nikon F2.. Got away from photography for years and have decided to jump back in.
Just purchased a d600 w/grip, 24-70 f 2.8 & 70-200 f2.8. Having a blast with it all.
I was really glad to find your site, probably will not write much for now but will read all I can...
I am looking for a good backpack bag for all this, any suggestions?
Thanks again for a great site.

Phillydog1958

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the site. I usually carry my gear in Lowepro bags, although I do have a couple made by other manufacturers. Go to Lowepro's site and check it out. With all that you have, I'd suggest the Fastback 250, which is a backpack. It allows me to also carry a laptop or ipad. As far as shoulder bags, I use a Lowepro Stealth Reporter D400AW. They're both great bags. Also, check out Amazon. They have user reviews and offer other suggestions. I ordered both of mine from Amazon.

MrF

Welcome! Lowepro makes some good bags. I have a Tamrac Evolution 9 that's great for flying commercial. Plenty of extra room for headphones, ipod, kindle, etc. and a laptop pocket.

However, I find it a bit bulky for just carrying the camera around by itself. If you're looking for something lighter and more for just the camera and lenses, Lowepro would be the way to go.

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
Nikon Product Manuals available for download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

I also have a LowePro backpack. They are great and not bad on the old back of mine. I have walked around for a couple of hours shooting and it ahs not been in my way for felt uncomfortable.

Fastpack 250 Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases

AxeMan - Rick S.

​Like everyone else has said, Welcome, and go for a Lowepro bag.

I have the Lowepro 400. You can leave the waist strap on and spin it around your body to get into the bag, but I find it just as fast to take the bag off to get into it. It a big bag and can be configured inside to your liking. It has a tripod carrier built in and a built in rain cover. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Whiskeyman

Welcome. With that new equipment roster, I'd say you've jumped back into it!

I can't recommend any particular backpack bag since I've looked at most of them and cannot decide which one to select. What I can attest to is the quality of a LowePro bag, one of which I purchased in 1979 or 1980 and still use today. I've travelled around the world with it three times and halfway around and back many times more, and while it doesn't look new any more, it's still doing its' job.