em-140dg sigma ring flash

mikew_RIP

I have one of these which i use on my D70 after a google search it would seam it will work with the D5100 its a few years old now can any one confirm it will work TTL on my new nikon,i was just concerned the newer ones may have been updated.

mike

Fred Kingston

NA-iTTL (NIKON.... according to their web site... the answer is Yes, it's compatible with Nikon's iTTL mode...

Their vendors B&H Photo, and Amazon explicitly state it's iTTL compatible on their web sites...

Having said the above... and the fact that you've owned the device for quite some time, it wouldn't hurt to send an email to their technical support folks with your exact model/revision numbers and ask them for clarification...

Of course, the simplest and quickest thing you can do is simply attach it to the D5100 and see if it works...
:)

mikew_RIP

NA-iTTL (NIKON.... according to their web site... the answer is Yes, it's compatible with Nikon's iTTL mode...

Their vendors B&H Photo, and Amazon explicitly state it's iTTL compatible on their web sites...

Having said the above... and the fact that you've owned the device for quite some time, it wouldn't hurt to send an email to their technical support folks with your exact model/revision numbers and ask them for clarification...

Of course, the simplest and quickest thing you can do is simply attach it to the D5100 and see if it works...
:)

Thanks Fred was just concerned if i test it i could get the wrong sort of fried chips without any fish,will email them i think.

mike

Fred Kingston

If you had said you used it on an old film vintage camera, then I'd be hesitant because Nikon did in fact change the flash triggering spec. since then, and the older spec. might not play well with the newer spec.... but that pre-dates the D70... So I'd be really surprised if there were different voltage specs. between the D70's hot shoe, and the D5100's hot shoe...