Approval needed for commenting on my own thread?

ekib

Hi all!
Just joined this community after reading what others say about the interactions here vs some other forums. Seems like a down to earth community :). I am looking forward to that!

BTW, I started a new thread in the Critique forum and was surprised to see that I cannot comment on my own thread without moderator approval. At first I didn't notice this message so I went ahead and wrote another reply thinking something went wrong initially. Now there are probably two different messages in the moderator queue.

Can I delete those queued messages somewhere?
How many posts does one need to have before not needing moderator approval?

Thanks and looking forward to interacting with you guys.

​-Rick

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Hi Rick - Did you post a link in your reply? Members with under 5 posts are moderated when they post links or a link to an image.

ekib

Ah, yeah, there were two links to external sites as examples of photos that I was going for.
Thanks for the explanation.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Actually, I just disabled this after looking at how big the moderation queue has gotten. It is intended as a spam prevention feature, but was doing more harm than good.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
hrm, I'm not quite sure why your last post was put in the moderation queue... I'll have to investigate more

arch1967

Ive just posted a question regarding my D5100 and that said it needed Moderator approval, i had this problem a couple of weeks back, looks like its enabled again for some reason

arch1967

Thanks for replying Don, it seems to have worked now but i tried reposting, so i now have 2 posts, "it is in the D5100 thread titled Balck flashes on image. If possible could you delete that post as the new post "images flashing black on lcd" is the thread i need people to view as this has a short video of my problem

Regards

​Archie

I think since you post count is below 10 (or some minimum) you have to wait to post or await a moderator to approve the post.

No, we do not moderate every post. Something has to trigger it. One problem that happens fairly is that someone comments on a post without logging in and unregistered posts have to be moderated and are usually deleted.