How to detect poor photos inside camera?

mobi

On few occasions I shot photos which looked fine on camera LCD screen but when looked at computer screen they appear blurry or noisy.

Is there any way to detect such problems inside camera? I tried to zoom in and pan inside camera but still can't detect.

Michael J.

On my camera there is a magnifying glass button. Maybe it is something you've got too and helps you to see the pics better.

mobi

I have used that one but how do I know I am looking at 100% exactly? Too little magnification can hide imperfection and too much may show good picture as grainy.

Eye-level

Banned
Mobi I am sorry for being a d-ck but you'd be really lost with a film camera...LOL

It is digital...spray and pray until you figure it out...

On a more helpful note...I shoot only manual...and I'll be darned if this still doesn't happen to me all of the time... :)

​The only way around it is get a better set of eyes, focus more precisely grasshopper, get a bigger live view screen, or shoot more snaps...(further proof that the camera does not make the photographer)

Just wait if your learning curve is anything at all like mine you will soon discover that most of the time when you do get one razor sharp...it is still a poor photo... ;)

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

Unfortunately, only the pro models have a 100% magnification button option (need to set in the menus). You can probably find out somewhere how many clicks of the magnifier it takes to get there somewhere.

One hint would be to get rid of the clear plastic cover on the back and put on a clear glass protector of some type instead.

SteveH

Do you use the histogram when reviewing your pictures? Pay attention to your ISO settings, as if they are high, you will get noise and with practice, the histogram will give a much better indication as to if your picture is exposed correctly. Also, do your shoot JPEG or RAW?

BackdoorArts

I shoot RAW, check the histogram most of the time (in similar lighting situations I'll check it initially, particularly with birds in flight or yard shots - always when shooting landscapes and on HDR to make sure I've captured all available light information) , and manually set ISO so I know what I'm in for. I shoot in Aperture Priority 90% of the time, the rest is in Shutter Priority or Manual depending on the situation.

mobi

Sometimes time is so short between 2 shots, just not enough time to examine settings, histogram etc. :)