my profile

chico

I keep filling in my equipment section of my profile and saving it but it only saves some of it.is this why I see other members putting their equipment in their signature section? thanks,Troy

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
When you type something in the box is it auto filling? If not then it may not be in the product section of the site, and it would need to be added there first before it saves to your profile.

AC016

I keep filling in my equipment section of my profile and saving it but it only saves some of it.is this why I see other members putting their equipment in their signature section? thanks,Troy

Yep. Your camera(s) will only show up in that little space at the side, hence why alot of folks put all of it in their signature:)

sam49

Yes same with me the only information I can put on the left hand side is the make of my camera, the rest has to go in my signature

Fred Kingston

When you type something in the box is it auto filling? If not then it may not be in the product section of the site, and it would need to be added there first before it saves to your profile.

Is there a time-lag bewteen "submission" and availability when adding a product to the database? Like maybe some "approval" process that needs to be done before a product becomes available in the product database?

Fred Kingston

You can only add things to your profile that exist in the Products database here... You cannot free form type something. Subsequently, you might not get a match on what you type... The thing to do is, place your cursor in the field, and simply type a single "A"... <--without the quotes, of course. This should give you a pop-up list of available products in that category... then select the matching record from the database... and select the Save button to the far right of the screen...

sam49

You can only add things to your profile that exist in the Products database here... You cannot free form type something. Subsequently, you might not get a match on what you type... The thing to do is, place your cursor in the field, and simply type a single "A"... <--without the quotes, of course. This should give you a pop-up list of available products in that category... then select the matching record from the database... and select the Save button to the far right of the screen...

I did this but even if you select a product that's already in the datadase but it still will not let me put anything other than my camera in there

Last edited:

Fred Kingston

That's correct... If you, or someone else, clicks on your name and views your profile, then they/you can see what is in your profile.

Maybe the Admin folks can suss out what/why it doesn't get added to post screens like the Camera option does?

Mike FM

The equipment thing confused me too. I had to add my Nikon FM to the list. Seems like the form is set more towards new digital cameras. Entering data for an older film camera is a bit tricky as a lot of the options don't really apply. It's kind of annoying actually....just to add something to your list of gear.