First picture for feedbalck

Bullittman

OK I am a hobbiest! I love taking pictures. let me know what you think about this picture.

This is the first picture I have ever posted to get feedback on.
flowersmall.jpg

Last edited:

crycocyon

There's potential there. Perhaps a little bit brighter and a little bit closer on the center of interest, namely the white flower. You are adhering to the rule of thirds which is nice. There's a bit of competition by the larger stems for attention rather than the flower. Interesting that the background is beige...I wonder what that is. I like how the plants lean to the left so that it makes it a bit more dynamic. I think mainly it just needs a bit stronger center of interest.

flowersmall2.jpg

Michael J.

Great shot but as crycocyon said: "a bit brighter" is much better. I think that the blossom was the motive therefore the photo edit by crycocyon looks a bit better.

fotojack

Yup, I think crycocyon (still trying to figure out what that name means! lol) got it right. Nicely cropped and brightened up to focus the viewers attention on the flower.

Bullittman

​I actually cropped it like CRYCOCYON did at first but decided I liked it better with the competition between the flower and the leaves to keep your attention. I didn't think the flower was sharp enough to hold the attention? Are you saying it had the sharpness it needed? I really feel like I have a hard time getting things tack sharp even with manual focus. I miss the straight line in a circle in my viewfinder for focusing. Any suggestions to help get the focus SHARP?