accidentally effect!

SilanTra ZaiDi

Fellas,

while browsing my old photos of my twins, i came across this shot...

i like the way the ground react like a moving subject...however, i tried to get this effect again and it cannot be done..this effect was accidentally captured...seems to puzzle me how can i get this effect again...

this photo was taken last year and i cant recall how i did it.. LOL.. but maybe when i try to take a few shots while zooming in then i get this result. Once i got the same effect like this while trying to zoom err maybe a clock on the building and i get the side of the photo like a dynamic motion toward the clock...cant find where i put the photo..

btw, photo was taken with D80 with 18-105mm. EXIF data showed ISO 320, f 6.3, 1/100" .

anyone can tell me what this effect is called and how to do it..

thanks..much appreciated for all replies

Zaidi

SkvLTD

Generally, you'd set up ~3 second exposure and let it capture the light still for 1.5-2s and then zoom in or out in the remainder of the exposure to do that kinda blur effect.

Horoscope Fish

Generally, you'd set up ~3 second exposure and let it capture the light still for 1.5-2s and then zoom in or out in the remainder of the exposure to do that kinda blur effect.
Basically this...

You can try simply using a slow shutter speed while zooming your lens in, or out, as well. I've had good success using that technique but obviously camera shake can be an issue. It's kind of a timing thing and a little "luck of the draw" to get a good shot.

STM

This was a popular effect in the 1960's and 70's when one touch zooms came into being. The 43-86 f/3.5 Nikkor was one of the first to really gain popularity, though in reality, it was a real DOG (woof, woof!) of a lens. I had one for about 6 months and sold it at a loss just to get rid of it.

SilanTra ZaiDi

maybe this effect is called motion blur.. i tried to recall how i did it, most probably i took with burst mode and pressing the trigger while zooming in/out...i look at the album and the notice a few photos in this sequence... only this one with the motion effect...