DIY forum

salty joe

I wonder if the forum owners would consider a Nikonite DIY forum.
DIY is fun and can save a couple dollars too.
I'm starting this hobby on a shoestring. This is the only way in for me. I know I'll be rigging things up with odds and ends around the house. It would be fun to share.
My d70 is on the way and I'll buy a couple used lenses when I figure out what I want/need. I have an idea for a DIY lens pouch.

Anyway, I am looking forward to learning digital photography. I appreciate being part of this community. Thanks.
Joe

I'm starting this hobby on a shoestring. This is the only way in for me. I know I'll be rigging things up with odds and ends around the house. It would be fun to share.
My d70 is on the way and I'll buy a couple used lenses when I figure out what I want/need. I have an idea for a DIY lens pouch.

Anyway, I am looking forward to learning digital photography. I appreciate being part of this community. Thanks.
Joe

Just start a thread in the proper place and people will see it.

WhiteLight

Joe

I like the idea.
DIY projects are always fun & what makes it so special is you DIY ;)

salty joe

I was pretty surprised to learn that fungus inside a lens can be an issue.
I came up with a low budget lens dryer.
Might be useful after shooting in fog or misty conditions.
Take your hair dryer to Lowes and find a PVC fitting or pipe that fits snugly. Get the fittings necessary to end up with pipe that your lens will fit inside. Install a dust filter before the lens chamber. No need to glue anything. If you're like me, you'll need a timer with 15 minute pins ($8 or so).

I'd imagine the heat setting on low with the fan on high would do the trick.
What do you guys think?