Dusting off an N90s

Just picked up a used N90s, dusted it off, and mounted my trusty 50 1.8 D. Weird thing: I can adjust aperture with the dial just fine in P mode, but when I switch A it goes to f22 and stays there. I can unlock the aperture ring on the lens and work it that way, but no dice when I lock it back up.

So it works as expected in P, not in A...Any ideas? Thanks.

Dave_W

The Dude
I may be mis-reading your post but I believe this is the way lenses are meant to work on your camera. You open them to their widest setting and let the camera then control the aperture.

Dave_W

The Dude
When you turn to A mode, what is the aperture reading? And what's the chance that in A mode the command dial and the sub-command dial switch roles?

Dave_W

The Dude
And I take it when you move the command dial to change the aperture nothing happens, right? And just to be sure, you have the lenses' aperture ring locked wide open, right?

>>And I take it when you move the command dial to change the aperture nothing happens, right? And just to be sure, you have the lenses' aperture ring locked wide open, right?<<

Exactly. I've also tried it with a second lens and the behavior is the same. The lenses work fine on my D800 and N6006 in A-mode.