Astro-Photography.

Elliot6267

Hi there gang.

let me first say, this is only my second thread post. Im relatively new to this game and so far I am loving it! :) I'll try and post some of my pictures at a later daye for your viewing pleasure. until then however, I have a question:

A friend of mine recently got into Astrology, and has purchased quite a fancy telescope. I have a Nikon D3100 (obviously) and are looking to combine forces to get some pretty decent pictures of the night sky.

so, my question is, what do I need to connect the two. I've read about T-rings, and adapters, but is there anything else? can anyone spec some good kit??

thanks guys.

​Elliot

Horoscope Fish

A friend of mine recently got into Astrology, and has purchased quite a fancy telescope.
I could be wrong but it sounds like your friend has a new found interest in astronomy, not astrology. :p

... so, my question is, what do I need to connect the two. I've read about T-rings, and adapters, but is there anything else? can anyone spec some good kit??
I think we'd need to know the make and model of telescope before we could answer that. Most serious scopes have accessories that allow you connect to a camera but again, it's going to be make/model specific sort of thing me thinks.

At a minimum you're going to need a T-ring and a T-ring adapter for a Nikon mount. I'd Google them or look to some place like telescope (dot) com for these items.

Last edited:

patrick in memphis

hi try a celestron 93402 and a 93625 through amazon they are 30$ total.thats what i started with on my d3100 but have since upgraded telescopes that setup will work on any 1.25 focuser. prime focus which is what you would start with will limit you to the moon and jup/saturn dependant on scope size . i started with a 114az powerseeker reflector . i recently upgreaded to a 200 x 2032 mm meade and still awaiting clear skys. this is not a cheap hobby play with the two adapters and see just how interested you really are.its addicting.email me([email protected]) if you have any further questions and as a side note the night & lowlight forum will have more posts geared toward ap (astro photography)