Hello from Pennsylvania

jonesy74

Hello everyone
I've been taking outdoor photos with a point and shoot for a long time but just recently bought a DSLR (D7000). Some of the pictures are ok, others...
I enjoy seeing other peoples pictures and hope to learn how to take better pictures. Thanks for reading, I'll probably be seeing you around.

crycocyon

Hearty welcome! The best way to start learning how to take better photos is to get out there and make mistakes and learn what you like best in your photos and find your own unique style. There's a big part of learning photography that is a personal odyssey. You need to be able to find yourself in your photos, and then share that.

We see new beginners joining up here but no photos. :confused: I would like to see every new member joining up showing examples of what photos they've tried to take to illustrate where they are in that process of discovery. The point is not to make photographs as good as what you see others doing (I'm not saying this to Jonesy in particular but just in general), the point is to find your own standard, your own art.

jonesy74

wow 8 responses already. Thanks everyone. I posted a few pictures, some of my dog and birds near the feeder. I'm still learning my way around the site but would like some constructive criticism on them. Lou, Erie is one of my favorite places to visit whether it is fishing or just walking the beaches and streams

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, jonsey. You're gonna love it here. :) Could you fill out the rest of your profile, please? It really helps us answering any questions you might have. Thanks. :) Have fun.

LouCioccio

Mark this on your calendar Tall Ships Erie 5 September 2013 I think there is another member from Fredonia, NY as Slippery Rock is not that far. And also in June for the Thurston Hot Air Balloon Classic in Meadville, PA.

Here is one from 2010 taken with an E30 Olympus. This from the South Pier across the channel where you come into the Bay. And if you do come up let me know.
Ciao,
​Lou Cioccio
P9092531.jpg