new guy from scotland :)

ebi381

hi everyone,
i rather impulsively bought a nikon d3100 as i had been thinking about buying a dslr for a while now. too often has the phrase "i wish i had a camera!" popped into my head, so i thought why not :D

admittedly i have never had a proper camera before and took most of my pics with my galaxy S3 :p. but i have a good deal of experience with photoshop since i dabble in digital painting etc. so post processing those phone photos to make them better want a problem. i would say im a rather creative and passionate person when it comes to forms of expression. i draw and write often and decided to adopt this new medium to round it all off haha.

ive managed to learn a lot about photography in the last 3 weeks and confidently shoot in manual at all times :cool:. ive joined this forum to learn and get critique on my photos.
im a car enthusiast so naturally i would like to take automotive photos better, but i enjoy photography as an art form and in saying that i would like to really learn how capture those 'moments' in life.

so thats that then. i'll see you around chaps! :encouragement:

Roy1961

Contributor
welcome to the forum ebi381, going to meet a fellow scot tomorrow (paisley), he is in San Diego for a few weeks.

Mini59

Hello form south of the boarder (quite a way south tbh) I also have a D3100 and I'm trying to learn how to use it properly!

fotojack

Welcome to the forums, ebi. I used to live in Scotland when I was just a wee bairn! :) My mother is from Glasgow, so I guess I have a wee bit of Scottish blood in me. :)