Eye-level

Banned
Lately I feel that my post production skills have expanded. I seem to be taking more time with each snap in post and I am getting results - improvement.

I'm using Windows Photo Gallery, Gimp 2.0, Photomatix (they sponsor me...LOL), and Flickr to host them...

Lately I feel that my post production skills have expanded. I seem to be taking more time with each snap in post and I am getting results - improvement.

I'm using Windows Photo Gallery, Gimp 2.0, Photomatix (they sponsor me...LOL), and Flickr to host them...

looking good. Post Production can be fun once you get into it.

Mfrankfort

It's not fun if your not good at it. :-( haha. Once you get good, it's fun! But I guess you can only get good by trying. Right ?

Eye-level

Banned
Hey that is a 50mm on a DX...I think a similar snap made with a 105mm on DX would blow it away...maybe I'll get another chance at it...

Focal length is something you can't change in post...as far as I know... ;)

Last edited:

wud

Hope its okay I suggest something. I dont know Gimp, but I hope you can find more or less the same feature in that program, I use Photoshop.

The small well... pimples, I would remove. Not to make her look like a doll, but just a bit. And I would do it like this:

Find the clone tool:

clone tool.JPG

Right next to the pimple you hold ALT key down and click with the mouse, to let the clone tool know, that is the skin tone you want:

press alt.JPG

Then you just release the alt key, and place your clone tool on top of the pimple. Click - removed.
Maybe you have to click twice, but normally not. Then you go to the next pimple you want to remove, hold ALT down right next to it and clone again.

cloning.JPG

I just removed a little, hope you can see the improvement.
And then I took a little yellow out of the picture and gave it more contrast:

final.JPG

Think your portrait is good :)

Eye-level

Banned
Thanks wud!

Look at the original and compare it to my "processed" version and you will see my feeble attempt at removing the blemishes...

The newest version of the GIMP does have a cloning tool but I like the older version of the GIMP... :)

The yellow comes from me shooting it at around 5K on the white balance...purposefully trying to impart the golden glow to it...

But I understand what you are saying... :)

Last edited:

wud

Thanks wud!

Look at the original and compare it to my "processed" version and you will see my feeble attempt at removing the blemishes...

The newest version of the GIMP does have a cloning tool but I like the older version of the GIMP... :)

But I understand what you are saying... :)

Yes I saw it but thought you could remove it more. I worked with the first picture, yes, as it was easier to show. But, just an idea for you :)

Btw, took me ages to find your post again, lol. Been searching high and low......