LCD sreen protection

John P

I have always used the snap on screen protectors on my nikon bodies. Not an option with the 7100.
Have any of you used the glass ones with the adhesive strip?
If so, what are your thoughts. Also which one seems to fit the best?

Patrick M

Seems Nikon have used something like Gorilla Glass for the first time in their screens. These are renowned for their strength ... Which may explain why Nikon felt no protective screen was needed now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SkvLTD

If they did use gorilla glass, you'd be fine without anything at all or just a basic film one to be on that extra safe side. After all, its not like those iphones.

crashton

For me the safe assumption would be that the screen is no different than any others. I'd be buying a screen protector to play it safe.

gman

I just bought a glass screen protector from B&H Photo, it's a Vello. It's a clear optical glass and it just fits my 7100 perfectly. It just sticks very tightly to the lcd screen without any movement, and it comes off if needed, without any trouble. It wasn't really cheap, but you get what you pay for. It works well for me and it offers great protection. Check it out.

Patrick M

Isn't it just a film cover?
Yes - disappointingly. I was hoping for something better as it is a Nikon product.
I got a MASSIVE parcel today...exciting! Can't see why they needed it for a little plastic slip. anyway....
In the pack is a lint free cloth and two plactic bags one has a pair of large LCD screen and the other a pair of small ones for the top screen.

I've done this many times over the years with phones etc etc, but never-the-less found the large one interesting to put on. I simply couldn't get rid of one bubble that was smack in the mddle of the screen, so I bit the bullet and applied the 2nd. I still got a bubble, but as its in the very lower left cirner I might be able to live with it.
Frankly, I thought the product , at £12 ought to have been better quality. Instead, you get pretty much the same screen you could buy for 1/3 price off Amazon or wherever.
the blurb says
- hard coat: hardens surfaces sufficiently to protect the film from scratches caused by camera bags, straps and fingernails.
- non reflective blue coating: a non-reflective, high-brightness coating that reduces reflections in the monitor and other LCD displays while providing more precise hue and contrast.
So maybe I'm not good with these. However, spring is here in England - a little late as its June 5th already! Anyway, the sun is bright and I went out to see if this worked,

NOPE. Still very difficult to see the screen - no surprises - but the bubble was irritatingly visible. Close up of flowers looked OK but it will need to stand the test of time. Then it will show scratches on the film... but I hope that won't happen anyway.

I'd say that it probably is not worth the money.

Oh, That little hair? Probably off the lint free cloth! darn ...

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 139