Californian, Admirer of creative outlets.

NikonRieux

​Hello Community, pleasure to be here and amongst all you great aspiring photographers and hobbyist. I'm completely new to the world of photography. My name is Anthony and I am from Sourhern California. For years i've had this reoccuring urge to pick up an entry-level camera and shoot what interest me. I tool that leap this morning and bought my first DSLR, a Nikon D3100. I bought it as a kit so the lense I have is a 55-80mm if I recall (it's not here with me). I have yet to explore the forum but i have a feeling that it is filled with tons of help and useful tips. I hope to run into some of you guys around here. Thanks for reading.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hi Anthony. Welcome to the forum. The kit lens is most likely the Nikon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens. Enjoy your new camera and I'm looking forward in seeing your creative work.

Moab Man

Longer you do photography the more you learn it's less about the camera and more about your eye and how you use the camera. Welcome.

NikonRieux

Thank you all so much for the warmest welcome I've ever received. It's been 4 days with this D3100 and I'm around 300 pictures in, maybe 500 (rough guesstimate).

@ gqtuazon, You're absolutely right the lens is in-fact 18-55mm f3.4-5-6.

Here are a few shots unedited aside from the watermark.

tunnelmarked1.png

tunnelmarked2.png