help with extention tubes

tabatha6901

i bought a set of extention tubes for my d3100 they seem to mount just fine but then my camera says lens not attached when i turn it on. please help i know the af will not work with them but i rarely use af anyway if anyone has any suggestions on what i may be doing wrong or anything i can try i would greatly appreciate it.

AC016

i bought a set of extention tubes for my d3100 they seem to mount just fine but then my camera says lens not attached when i turn it on. please help i know the af will not work with them but i rarely use af anyway if anyone has any suggestions on what i may be doing wrong or anything i can try i would greatly appreciate it.

Most likely problem is that your extension tubes do not let your camera to commuicate with your lens. Do your extension tubes have a CPU (the contacts that you see on your Nikon lens) on them? I would think not. That is the most likely culprit.

skene

Most likely problem is that your extension tubes do not let your camera to commuicate with your lens. Do your extension tubes have a CPU (the contacts that you see on your Nikon lens) on them? I would think not. That is the most likely culprit.

Yes, but also to add to AC016's question... which lens are you trying to use with the extension tubes? As certain lenses electronically will not work with them at all, but if you check on Nikon's site it clearly states which lens will/not work in tandem.

patrick in memphis

If extension tube haz electrical connectors it is bad extension. If no contacts its normal because camera can't communicate with lens you can override in manual "m" mode

steptoe

If you bought the cheap extension tubes off ebay/amazon then odds on they have no contacts for the lens so you will have to shoot in manual mode or the camear will think it has no lens attached. Reason I know is I have them, I wasn't aware there was extension tubes that have the contacts the lens needs to communicate with the camera but they are out of my pocket for the times I use extension tubes