3am or 3pm?

STM

The correct answer of course is 3 pm today. F4S and 18omm f/2.8 ED-AIS @ f/4 with TX @ ASA 200 in D-76 1:1 and scanned with the LS-8000. Right about the time I was ready to start shooting film, I realized I should have grabbed the F2 instead of the F4. The batteries in the F4S were dead as a doornail. The rechargeable batteries I use in them are getting older and don't hold a charge as long as they used to. After a quick trip to an inconvenience store and $12 :mad: on 8 AA alkaline batteries I was back in the fight.

As much as I hate to admit it, I could not have made this image with B&W film without the help of digitization. I dropped the exposure a little, increased the contrast and since the scanner scans the negatives in RGB, it was a simple enough task to turn the image bluish in PS to simulate moonlight . On a much sadder note, both these headstones were broken by vandals a few years ago but were repaired. Look at the death dates on both and that makes it all the more reprehensible. They both existed for well over a century before some misguided kids with way too much time on their hands decided it would be fun to knock them over and break them. If I am not mistaken they were caught but because they were juveniles very little was done to them except reparations for the amount of restoration of the headstones. Personally I think 45 days in the county lock up with the rest of our society's worst would done them some real good.

cemetery_sim_moonight_1000.jpg

This is what the scene actually looked like before manipulation:

cemetery1000_zps0188f956.jpg

Last edited: