D3100 screen doesn't work

NikoleVirrey

Hello! I own a Nikon d3100 and it's screen doesn't turn up but the flash works and when I am pressing the shutter button it still have the same sound it makes when it was still working normally. The little green light at the bottom part still blinks though. I have tried removing and recharging the batteries and changed the lens but nothing happened. Please help me.

skene

Re: Please help me

OK, so are you having a problem accessing Live View mode? Are you able to go into the menu? If you press the [>] play button are you able to scroll through the photos that you recently took? Did you happen to change any settings recently?

NikoleVirrey

Yes.. After taking pictures there are saved pictures on the SD Card. Nothing happens even if i pressed the info and menu button.

NikoleVirrey

Help me please

Hello! I own a Nikon d3100 and it's screen doesn't turn up but the flash works and when I am pressing the shutter button it still have the same sound it makes when it was still working normally. The little green light at the bottom part still blinks though. I have tried removing and recharging the batteries and changed the lens but nothing happened. Please help me.

skene

Did you consult your manual to see if there is anything like this in the troubleshooting?
or even better maybe check Nikon's website about any information regarding a problem like this.

WhiteLight

Re: Help me please

Your LCD display may have run into some problems....
It looks like everything else in your camera still works.
You may want to take it to a service center to checked.... Warranty will certainly help if the camera is still covered

gqtuazon

Gear Head

Hello Nikole Virrey and welcome to the forum.

It appears that your LCD has trouble powering up. Was there an impact damage or did you drop the camera by any chance?

Your best bet is to send it to your nearest authorized camera repair center or check out the link below.

Columbia Digital

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

Do you think that some parts of my camera should be replaced? It'll cost a lot. I have never dropped my camera.

We unfortunately are not camera repair persons. I just think you should take your camera to a service center so they could evaluate what is wrong with it. Did you buy it new? Is it covered by a warranty? If not, then maybe you could find someone locally that could have a look at it. Using a camera and repairing it is very different.

Sorry I could not help you more.

Maximo_r

Hi NikoleVirrey,

I have the same camera and I am having the same problem. Suddenly the display stopped working. Everything else seems to work, but nothing is displayed on the 'display'.
Did you manage to fix it?
If so, please tell me how.

Thanks

Hi NikoleVirrey,

I have the same camera and I am having the same problem. Suddenly the display stopped working. Everything else seems to work, but nothing is displayed on the 'display'.
Did you manage to fix it?
If so, please tell me how.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Same question to you. Did you drop it? Did you buy it new and if so is it still under warranty? Send it in for service.

The OP has not been back to visit here since the last post you see on this thread. So don't expect an answer from her.