Help Cleaning a D600

PapaST

Lots of good information about those questions already on this forum.

I think a combination of wet and dry/blowing works best. It really depends on how much stuff and what sort of stuff is on your sensor.

I personally WOULD suggest something like a visibledust loupe to inspect the sensor. When used properly you can really see what's on the sensor. I've inspected it before with the naked eye and for me it's easy to miss some things.

NVSteve

I personally WOULD suggest something like a visibledust loupe to inspect the sensor. When used properly you can really see what's on the sensor. I've inspected it before with the naked eye and for me it's easy to miss some things.

I bought a loupe for my first body, which had a sensor that looked like it was seeing combat on a daily basis. The loupe is okay for dust and larger particles, but I could not see any of the oil spots using it. I was using a minimum of 4 sensor swabs each cleaning: shoot, check for spots, clean, repeat.

As has been mentioned, this info has been posted elsewhere. I'd suggest looking at the swab solutions from Copper Hills, as they are the best bang for your buck.

Megharupa

Thank you for your reply,

This Visible Dust system is quite expensive. I found this item you suggest on amazon for $79.99. Most camera shops in my area the charge $50.00 to $100.00 dollars for a sensor cleaning.

This looks like a good alliterative.

regards

Cowboybillybob1

Very strange....the video had opening music to it, no sound during the whole video presentation, and closing music.
orry about that. It works fine for me. I have been using Firefox since IE10 does not seem to work well on this forum. You can go to YouTube and search for Sensor Scope or Delkin Devices and you should easilly find this video.
Here is the URL. Perhaps that will work for you.
Delkin Devices SensorScope "How To" Video - YouTube