Backpack for petite female

nikonmel

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie photographer with a D3100. I'm looking for a bag recommendation. I'm petite and have mild neck and back problems and want something lightweight that keeps me balanced. So I was thinking of a light backpack. (A handheld will pull me to one side or the other). This is not for heavy hiking. More for walking in forests, zoos, etc. I don't have alot of equipment yet. Looking for something to hold the camera, 18-55 mm and 55-200 mm lenses, battery, a few accessories, for now.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Moab Man

I was on a shoot with a lady friend of mine and she had the Flipside 200. It was lightweight, narrow, and I loved the features on it. Really thinking I might get one myself.

She loved it as well because of its narrow width it fit the small width of a ladies back really well. I would really try to see if you can find it locally to try it on first.

Lowepro - Flipside 200

TedG954

The LowePro 102AW is a sling bag that is the perfect size for your equipment.

With the sling bag, you don't have to take it off to get your equipment. It just swings around to your front with very easy access to the entire bag contents without having to worry about stuff falling out.

It is high quality and comes with a built in rain cover.

They also have backpacks of various sizes.

It's a very good product.

Lowepro | SlingShot™ AW Series

Last edited:

nikonmel

Hi Ted. Is the slingshot style designed to wear over just one shoulder? If so, it wouldn't work for my back/neck problems due to uneven weight distribution. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I do like that it sounds easier to use than traditional backpack style.

nikonmel

nevermind Ted. I just looked up your link and it answered my question. :) Any experience with it yourself. Does it feel evenly distributed weight-wise?

Johnathan Aulabaugh

I have a flipside 300 and it is pretty good for most things. I have carried as much as a D7000 with 70-200 f2.8 attached, 2x telecon, 18-105 and sb800. shutter release cord, cpl, ND, Memory card wallet. Not a bad piece and it will allow you to pack for a day at the zoo

Rick M

Look into the Thinktank Belt system, no back stress and you can carry alot of gear on your waist. I like it for hiking and keeping center of gravity low/hands free

TedG954

nevermind Ted. I just looked up your link and it answered my question. :) Any experience with it yourself. Does it feel evenly distributed weight-wise?

I have the 102AW and the 302AW. They are very comfortable and I find them to be very convenient. The padded strap distributes the weight pretty well.

carguy

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie photographer with a D3100. I'm looking for a bag recommendation. I'm petite and have mild neck and back problems and want something lightweight that keeps me balanced. So I was thinking of a light backpack. (A handheld will pull me to one side or the other). This is not for heavy hiking. More for walking in forests, zoos, etc. I don't have alot of equipment yet. Looking for something to hold the camera, 18-55 mm and 55-200 mm lenses, battery, a few accessories, for now.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
I have the Lowepro Slingshot 100 AW and the same gear. You can carry the 18-55 on the body, carry the 55-200 and still have space for other items. It's small and affordable considering the convenience and setup. Take a look.