d7000 memory

dorobo18jp

I am looking to pick up 2 128gb class 10 cards i want high capacity and very high r/w rate. any suggestions?

im taking sports and landscape about 2k every 2 weeks but i can take over 1500 in a day i shoot raw and jpg.

Dave_W

The Dude
Personally, I wouldn't suggest using such a large card, instead I would use either 4 x 32gb cards or 8 x 16gb cards. The reason is purely pragmatic. If you're out on a shoot that requires 128gb worth of images and you're using a 128gb card and it goes bad, you lose your entire shoot. If instead you're using 4 x 16gb then you lose only 1/4 of your entire shoot.

Last edited:

piperbarb

Dave makes a good suggestion. I use 32 GB class 10 cards in my D7000 and 16 GB cards in my D3000. I also download and back up (on external drive AND file server) those cards daily, or after each time I use the particular camera. If I am travelling, I make sure I have my laptop with me and download whatever images I took that day to my laptop. That's just me.

Camera Fun

I agree with Dave W. No need to risk all your work if a single card goes bad, gets damaged, or gets lost. As far as brands, I've always had good luck with Sandisk and just recently purchased one of the 8GB Extreme Pro cards. You could even organize your work by having one set of cards for landscapes and another set for sports.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I am looking to pick up 2 128gb class 10 cards i want high capacity and very high r/w rate. any suggestions?

im taking sports and landscape about 2k every 2 weeks but i can take over 1500 in a day i shoot raw and jpg.

dorobo18jp - I have a Lexar 128 gb 133x and it works just fine with my D7000 and D800. I just tried it and as expected, nothing to worry about. I originally purchased it for my D800 but it works just fine with the D7000 including video.

D800E SD cards by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Last edited:

crashton

I also use 16gb cards. Two in the camera & two in my bag. Been happy with Sandisk Extreme cards, class 10.

Last edited:

Epoc

Personally, I wouldn't suggest using such a large card, instead I would use either 4 x 32gb cards or 8 x 16gb cards. The reason is purely pragmatic. If you're out on a shoot that requires 128gb worth of images and you're using a 128gb card and it goes bad, you lose your entire shoot. If instead you're using 4 x 16gb then you lose only 1/4 of your entire shoot.

With 2 x 128gb cards, use the 2nd slot as backup. Would certainly be a a rare day to have 2 cards fail at the same time. It's actually one of the reasons I use 7000's for my work.

eurotrash

I know for a fact I can fit 1600 12 bit raw photos on two 8GB Sandisk 95mb/s Cards. Don't shove all your eggs in that 'big capacity' basket.

Also, that capacity isn't even approved by Nikon. Thus, if your data gets fudged, don't cry about it to anyone but yourself!

Approved Memory Cards - D7000

Last edited:

Lee

I also like to use more, slightly smaller cards and have been very happy with my 16 and 32G Sandisk Extreme III cards