Testament to the D4's weather proofing!!!!

Merc

I took this photo of St Mary's Lighthouse in Whitley Bay Northumberland. It was minus 1 and there was a very strong north wind. (It was cold!!!) The large wave you can see rolling in, hit the rock in the foreground and broke over me and the camera. The electrical gadgets I had in the pocket of my "waterproof" coat were ruined. It was like someone had thrown a huge bucket of water over me and the camera. I thought the D4 and 17-35 lens would surely be dead but they survived. I had to go back to the car and completely change my clothes in the car park. Even my boxer shorts. I had a 4 hour drive to my next location and hotel. Left the D4 in the passenger footwell with the aircon on. Worrying all the way there but fired her up and she worked perfectly. Suddenly the price doesn't seem so bad after all!!:)
St Mary's Lighthouse by Mark A Jones *, on Flickr

Eye-level

Banned
Ah yes I was reading about that famous photographer who was married to Elle McPherson the other day I don't remember his name but he is huge anyways he was talking about while making his last series which was a bunch of damn flowers just under water in a swimming pool he went through like 6 cameras and then when it was done he had to hire someone to clean out all the flowers and cameras from the frigging pool...

Absolutely STUPID!!! I have seen better pictures on the side of the bus...