Self Portrait

CakvalaSC

Recently graduated from College with a Design Degree, and we are required to do photos with caps and gowns. I've really never dabbled in studio portrait photography but the Photographer they had on sight gave me some good insight on it. So I decided to do some work on myself, here is the result. Any input would be great.

892262_621324854560457_1926122980_o.jpg

fotojack

Well....unless this is the look you were going for, I'd have to say it's a little dark on YOUR left side. I think a fill light should have been used, such as a reflector placed on your left side to bounce some light back onto your left side. Too much shadow, in other words.

CakvalaSC

Well....unless this is the look you were going for, I'd have to say it's a little dark on YOUR left side. I think a fill light should have been used, such as a reflector placed on your left side to bounce some light back onto your left side. Too much shadow, in other words.

That makes sense, I did not use a reflector and all light was on the opposite side. My next round ill apply a reflector! Thank you.