took few pictures at night time , !!! ( need improvement with your comments ) !!!

Hussy Ameer

Hello buddies,
here is few pictures. took 30 mins ago, just try to do best ;) well . are they fine or ugly :

Click on the image for see actual size , thxxxzzz
magic light.jpg

night bettergly.jpg

water shade.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BackdoorArts

The first one is kind of an interesting light painting, but I find the background (boxes?) distracting. The second has too much dark area and the most interesting part (the butterfly) is too small to be noticed. The third is the better of the three, but could do with some cropping to adjust composition. The flowers on the water are nice with the reflection, so maybe just concentrate on them and remove some of the other distractions? Here's a very fast and rough re-edit to show what I mean...

Untitled-1.jpg

Hussy Ameer

The first one is kind of an interesting light painting, but I find the background (boxes?) distracting. The second has too much dark area and the most interesting part (the butterfly) is too small to be noticed. The third is the better of the three, but could do with some cropping to adjust composition. The flowers on the water are nice with the reflection, so maybe just concentrate on them and remove some of the other distractions? Here's a very fast and rough re-edit to show what I mean...

View attachment 30259

in 1st picture , i take it outside at shop so i m not able to remove the boxes before take picture :) , i got your mean , thx for great advice :) thx thx thx

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
For your first trial at night pictures I think these are great. They might not be masterpieces, but there is always the learning that you get from experimenting. Just one thing I'd like to mention is when you post multiple pictures, try to insert either a space or a "return" in between them so they are not stuck together. You can do that after uploading, bring the cursor on the last picture, do a back arrow (not delete though) and press return, then do it for the other pictures. It will make them easier to look at.

I will edit your original post to show you how we would like them to look. I hope you won't mind.

Hussy Ameer

For your first trial at night pictures I think these are great. They might not be masterpieces, but there is always the learning that you get from experimenting. Just one thing I'd like to mention is when you post multiple pictures, try to insert either a space or a "return" in between them so they are not stuck together. You can do that after uploading, bring the cursor on the last picture, do a back arrow (not delete though) and press return, then do it for the other pictures. It will make them easier to look at.

I will edit your original post to show you how we would like them to look. I hope you won't mind.

Of course i don't mind , i understand what you mean , thank you so much ,

fast shutter speed because i was moving ( not steady) and i dnt increase iso because that bring noise in picture , i use ISO 100, 160 Shutter and F8 , that's bring this result

BackdoorArts

I'm assuming it's not a night picture, right? Colors look oversaturated and overall contrast is way too hight. And the horizon is crooked - or at least everything tilts left.

Hussy Ameer

I'm assuming it's not a night picture, right? Colors look oversaturated and overall contrast is way too hight. And the horizon is crooked - or at least everything tilts left.
of course not night haha , yes i use Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 , Flower color is red so i try to show that in that